Sunday, April 27, 2014

BBQ Cranberry Chicken

Chicken is pretty much the only meat I like, so I need a lot of different marinades/recipes so I don't get bored. This is one of my favorites. It's really easy to make, & you can make it ahead and freeze it for later without sacrificing flavor. You can cook it in the crock pot, bake it in the oven, or grill it! The first time I made it I baked it in the oven, it was delicious. The next time we make it, Jer will grill it... even better! This was actually a crock pot recipe and I haven't used the crock pot to cook it. I'm sure I will eventually, but now that it's getting warmer we will pretty much be using the grill as much as we can.

I found this recipe on Pinterest via Six Sisters Stuff:
Slow Cooker BBQ Cranberry Chicken

This is another recipe that I frequent when I'm doing a round of freezer cooking because it's yummy and there's not much too it. This is a lot of chicken, so I split into 2 freezer bags. If you split it up like me and cook it in the crock pot make sure to cut back on the cooking time, or use a smaller crock pot so the chicken doesn't dry out.

I don't deviate from this recipe at all. I like it the way it is. Simple.

The Twice Baked Potatoes make a good side dish for this. They make a great side dish for any BBQ dish or chicken dish really.... I just love those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment