Sunday, April 27, 2014

Crockpot Taco Chicken

This recipe is so easy... I feel like you can't even call it a recipe. It makes a lot, so after we're done eating I'll divide the leftovers between 2 quart sized bags and freeze for next time. Aside from tacos, I've used this leftover chicken for soup and chili, but it could be used for whatever you want! Quesadillas, enchiladas, chimi's, Mexican pizza, etc.

I found this recipe on Pinterest from a blog called Chocolate Therapy:
Crockpot Chicken Tacos

I told you it was easy. 6 chicken breasts, a jar of salsa, and a package of taco seasoning. You could make your own taco seasoning too if you'd like to reduce the sodium... but I don't for this because it takes away from the simplicity (unless you make it in batches and keep it on hand, which I don't do, but maybe one day when I have a bigger kitchen I will).

I throw it all into the crock pot in the morning, set it on low, go to work. When I come home from work all I have to do is take a couple of forks and shred the chicken, which I do right inside the crock pot. I stir it up to make sure it's all shredded and the sauce is evenly distributed, and put on the warm setting until were ready to eat.

Delicious chicken tacos with minimal effort from me... yes please! We use Low Carb/High Fiber Tortillas (only 50 calories each!) to keep the tacos low calorie. The topping options are endless: lettuce, pico, shredded cheese, taco sauce, guac, sour cream, etc. I usually do guac, lettuce, & pico. Mmm... probably going to have to have a taco night soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment