Sunday, April 27, 2014

Cashew Chicken Stir Fry

We love stir fry around here. I usually have a bag of frozen stir fry veggies on hand at all times. It's quick and easy for those nights when you think "Oh crap, it's 3pm and I didn't plan dinner yet". I mean, I try to have dinner figured out for the whole week in advance, but sometimes it doesn't work out. Maybe I forgot to pull something I need out of the freezer, or maybe I was supposed to grab carryout and forgot! It happens...

So occasionally - I like to use fresh veggies to make stir fry. Usually I'll realize I have some leftover veggies from other dinners, add to it whatever else we like, and have at it! You really can't go wrong with stir fry, just throw whatever meat and veggies you like in a skillet with some oil and soy sauce and boom. Simple, healthy, delicious dinner. This particular recipe I found on Weight Watchers is good for you and adds some yummy cashews so you can't go wrong.

Recipe from Weight Watchers:
Cashew Chicken

I did make a couple small changes to this. I didn't include the bamboo shoots, just because I don't particularly like them. I replace them with whatever I feel like at the time: Broccoli, green peppers, baby corn, etc. I also use brown rice in lieu of white rice, it's supposed to be a little better for you, right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment