Sunday, April 27, 2014

Smashed Potatoes

We love all things potatoes in this house. I like to try new recipes with potatoes, & Jer loves taste testing them. I haven't made a potato dish yet that he didn't like. This is one of his favorites.

This recipe comes from The Pioneer Woman:
Crash Hot Potatoes

She makes them with salt, pepper, & rosemary. I have made these many times and have used different herbs/spices each time. Always salt and pepper, and then whatever else my heart desires. I have used garlic salt (if I use this I don't use regular salt), thyme, rosemary, oregano, etc. They always come out good. It just depends on what your main dish is and what you like!

When she makes them, she drizzles the baking sheet with olive oil, and then uses a brush to get olive oil on the tops of the potatoes... I just have olive oil spray that I use for both purposes. It saves some time, is easier (don't have to dirty a brush), and gets the baking sheet and potatoes evenly. Win, win...win.

Also, don't worry if you don't have a potato masher, I don't. I use a fork to mash them down and it works just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment